3 pilot actions
• raising awareness of citizens about energy efficiency issues
• supporting energy units and give advisory services on RES and EE solutions
• improving the sustainable urban public lighting management
• promoting innovative solutions to enhance energy efficiency at urban level
Pilot Action 1
The Eco-Citizens Programme
The Eco-Citizens Programme aims at actively involving households, raising awareness about domestic behavioral changes towards energy efficiency and RES use. By means of thematic events, workshops and tailor-made consultancy services, citizens have reduced the energy consumption and decreased domestic energy costs.
Overall here are the figures at project level:
• 3 cities involved (Ferrara, Ludwigsburg, Hajdú-Bihar County)
• 50 families (30 in Italy, 10 in Germany, 10 in Hungary)
• 11 seminars organized for citizens about domestic behavioral change
• 5% average energy saved for all the households involved in the Programme
Pilot Action 2
One Stop Shop Energy Centre
The One Stop Shop Energy Centre in Weiz (AT), Bydgoszcz and Grodzisk Mazowiecki (PL) is a single servic where all the stakeholders can approach public administrations with all energy-related issues.
The activities of the One Stop Shop Energy Centre in the 3 cities are the following:
• information (about policies, initiatives, step-by-step assistance about energy related issues)
• education of citizens about the importance of EE and RES
• demonstration of EE and RES solutions
• consultations for citizens and stakeholders
• initiation of local and regional initiatives for new EE and RES solutions
Pilot Action 3
Green public lighting system in Split
A Pilot Action for the modernization of public lighting (Green Public Lighting System) has bee implemented in the city of Split (HR) based on Smart City solutions.
This project enables the City of Split to promote energy efficiency and renewable energy sources as a ste towards more efficient management of energy resources at urban level. It also contributes to achieve the energy savings targets set by the City Council.
• 18.000 square meters covered with new smart lighting
• energy savings of 80%
• reduction of 11.5 tons of CO2 per year
Last four news